Your statements seem to contradict each other. You mention using Windows
Explorer, but that is not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the
Properties view in Word's File Open dialog.

"CyberTaz" wrote in message

On 9/9/05 5:13 PM, in article ,
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You're definitely using the Properties view in Word's
File Open dialog?

Absolutely definitely positive. If I use a WinEx window & rt-click for
Properties it just shows up as "Microsoft Word Document" with no version
indicated at all, regardless of which file's properties I look at.

Curious!

I just located a couple of older WinWord 6.0/95 files here at home on my

Mac
& sent them to work so I can see what I get from them Monday.

Regards |:)