Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Chris Chris is offline

Default everytime i change the default languge it goes back to french

Larry,
Here is the fix for Office 2007:
Fix for Spell Check malfunction in MS office 2007:
It has been noticed that in some cases after install Office 2007 the spell
checker may cease to work properly and will be stuck in French mode.
If this occurs:
1. Exit all Microsoft Office Applications
2. Run Regedit.exe.
3. Delete the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Shared
Tools\Proofing Tools\1.0\Override\en-US
Once you restart the application it will work correctly.

"Larry" wrote:

I have another weird one along the same lines. I have one document, and one
document alone, that after doing all the suggestions here, when I spell check
it, it switches to checking in French. This is eve n after I disabled French
as a language. Any other suggestions?

"Andrew B" wrote:

I tried the same (Word 2007 on Vista) - I did what was described at the
swissonline URL you provided, disabling English (Canada) in Microsoft Office
Tools and leaving only English (United States) enabled, which is what I want.
It didn't work. I open a new doc and it still defaults to English (Canada) -
which should be impossible if that language is not enabled! And the only
enabled language that shows up in the box under Office Tools is English
(United States)... makes no sense.
I've tried other options like changing the default language in Word Options,
etc. It still defaults to English (Canada) every time. I'm getting tired of
having to reset every new document manually.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tails72" wrote in message
thanks buddy that helped alot

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

See http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"tails72" wrote in message
i live in france and everytime i change the default language to
english it
goes back to french the moment i push the spell check. i have
changed the
language in the mircosoft tools and even deleted the french
dictionary. grr
anyone can help please