Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey[_2_] Greg Maxey[_2_] is offline

Default Equations in Word 2007 compatibility mode

Peter T. Daniels wrote:
You are clearly an ass. (Sorry, Suzanne, but this is _entirely_ his
own doing.)

If _you_ have trouble distinguishing between the QAT and the Ribbon,
whose fault or problem is that?

Why are you unwilling to recognize that a shorter cursor move is
easier and quicker to accomplish than a longer cursor move?

Your accusation that I don't know the difference between Ribbon and
QAT is like Mrs. Palin talking about "Death Panels" in the health
insurance reform bill. It is both ignorant and maliciously insulting.

And if you are not aware that customizing the QAT is an ordinary,
built-in, everyday feature of Word2007, accessible to any user without
any sort of programming skills, whereas customizing the Ribbon was
(stupidly) not intended to be done by Word users, but is possible only
to those who have mastered the special variety of a certain
programming language, then your ignorance is immense.

But since you _probably_ are not that ignorant, then all you are is
malicious.

And from the addendum that you came back more than half an hour later
to post:

"Here is another fact. The pi icon near the right end of the Insert
tab of the ribbon is not "giant." In fact it is sized "normal" as
compared to "large" like some other control icons on that tab (e.g.,
WordArt, Chart, Picture, etc).

"Opinon: Your response to Kassy question smacks of arrogance typical
in many of your posts."

I did not say that the icon is giant. The icon is the same size as
most of the icons on that Ribbon tab. I said that the pi is giant.
Perhaps you're not aware that the Greek alphabet has capital and small
letters, just like the Roman alphabet. The pi is a small ("lower-
case") letter but it is shown as big as the capital Omega in the
adjacent icon (and bigger than the tilted capital A in the WordArt
icon). That makes it really, really big.

So if you insist on prosecuting your arrogant attacks, try first to
read and understand what you are commenting on, and then check your
facts.

On Aug 19, 8:08 am, "Greg Maxey"
wrote:
I don't know. See that wasn't so hard. However, cursor movement
(distance)
alone does not make it a fact that access to controls on the QAT is
easier
below the Ribbon. That is still purely a matter of opinion. I don't
have
all the statistical data, but other factors may come into play like
a users
ability to locate and discern a single control from all controls on
the
Ribbon and QAT. Unlike you, since I don't have all the facts, I
don't go
popping off with my opinion stated as a definitive fact.

Since the discussion has moved from your opinions to facts. Here are
a few:

1. The QAT is not the Ribbon
2. Kassy asked "Is there anyway to get an icon on the ribbon?"

In my opinion, supported by facts, you don't know the difference
between the
QAT and the Ribbon and you don't know how to customize the Ribbon.

So once again, if you don't know the answer to a question it is ok
to leave
it to those who do.

Cheers

--
Greg Maxey - Word MVP

My web sitehttp://gregmaxey.mvps.org
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in
On Aug 18, 6:05 pm, Greg Maxey wrote:

Kassy,

As you now may know, the icon for the Word2007 EquationInsertNew
control is already located on the Ribbon in the Symbols group of the
Insert Tab and it can be added to the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT)
Whether access is easier with the QAT located above or below the
Ribbon is purely a matter of opinion.

Are you _still_ looking to pick fights?

In what universe is it not easier to _not_ have to move the cursor an
extra inch or two -- from the text -- each way to get at a QAT
button?

Peter,

Clearly an ass or not is another matter of opinion. As stated before.
I am not interested is exchanging insults with you.

I don't have trouble distinguishing between the QAT and the Ribbon.
You do. Kassy asked if it was possible to add an icon to the Ribbon
and you went off nattering about adding a control to the QAT. It seems
that you a) don't know the difference, b) can't read or comprehend the
question or c) in your typical arrogant manner you assumed that Kassy
didn't really want to add a icon to the Ribbon because it is too hard,
or not worth the effort, or he/she is incapable of mastering a new
skill.

Considering your impressive acedemic creditentials I think it is safe
to rule out (b). So which is it (a), (b) or both? I suspect both.

The rest of your diatribe simply highlights and reinforces one of my
favorite annoyomous quotes:

"With Daniels, it is his belief in his own infallibility that is so
irritating. Even when obviously wrong he continues his arguments."

Cheers,