Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Need Info[_2_] Need Info[_2_] is offline

Default Generate TOC from Page Headers?

To Suzanne:

Question:

How do I exclude one section within a header from being repeated on every
page?

Example: I have written a Standard Operating Procedure manual. I want all
aspects to change on every page within the header as they normally do, except
each page will have a different section title, and I need that to remain
individually editable on each page.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

No. By design, headers are intended to repeat on more than one page, so they
can't have a page number associated with them, and that's what a TOC is for.

"Oriana" wrote in message
Hi all!

Is there a way I can generate a table of contents from Page Headers? I
don't want the table of contents to link to text actually in the body of
the
document, but to the page headers themselves.

So, let's say the page header on page 2 says "Introduction," but that word
isn't present anywhere else on the page (and I don't want it to be). How
can
I get the table of contents to recognize "Introduction" in the header?

Thanks in advance!