MarkM

Default Printing comments without markup

I need to both track changes and insert comments in documents. However, I
only want to share the comments when I send a document to someone for review.
In Word 2000, these two features were entirely separate. Comments were marked
in the text with a symbol like [MM01] and a list appeared at the end with the
comments numbered.

Word 2002 puts comments in balloons and gives you a choice on the screen
whether to show comments, final with markup (insertions and deletions) or
original with markup. So far so good.

However, I appear to have no choice over what shows when I print a document.
I want to print only comments, but if I print "Document with markup" it
prints all of the markup.

Has anyone found a way to either a) have Word 2002+ revert back to the old
style of handling comments, or b) found a workaround to continue tracking
changes but to print only comments?