Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews

Default Inserting a "Microsoft Equation" changes the Line Spacing

On 5-Apr-2006, saeedstar wrote:

Would you explaine a bit more about the second option. Does it mean
that I should remove the eqution from the paragraph, and put it in a
separate new line?!

Yes. A "display equation" is an equation in its own paragraph, centered on
the line. Clearly this isn't appropriate if you have dozens of equations in
a short document, but if you read many scientific journals, papers, and
textbooks, that's how quite a few (if not most) of the equations are
displayed. At any rate, if Word's leading capabilities don't fit the bill
for you, this is about the only option.

(Sorry for the delay in responding; I've been out of the country for a week
and haven't had internet access.)

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide