Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Please Help! (Mail merge e-mailing with images in Body)

Hello,

I have spent all day trying to figure out how to do a mail merge
e-mailing with Word 2002 and include inserted images (like small JPEG
files) in the body of those messages. I just joined this Group, b/c I
really need help since I was unable to find any helpful info after
looking on the Microsoft site and countless other internet sites and
pages.

I have tried all 3 options in the Merge to E-mail box (plain text,
html, and attachment; although I knew that attachment wouldn't work to
get the images and text to appear in the body, I tried it anyway and
although everything appears correctly once the attachment is opened, I
want to have this info appear in the Body right away when an e-mail is
opened). When I sent it as the HTML option, nothing ever was received.
With the Plain Text option, just the text came through--no images. I
also tried to save the whole doc. as an HTML file and send it that way,
but that didn't work either.

Of course when I send an individual e-mail with pictures in Word and
not using mail merge wizard, then that works fine and everything with
the images appears correctly in the body; but I have hundreds and
hundreds of these e-mails that I need to send.

Please, if anyone knows whether or not this can be done, I would really
appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Matt