Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Can I change Word 2007 menu back to 2003 drop-downs?

Probably not, no.

http://word.mvps.org

"grammatim" wrote in message
Yeah, custom buttons were nice, and maybe they'll come back.

But could you prevent (say) the Reviewing Toolbar from appearing when
you invoked Track Changes, even if all its commands were added to the
QAT-like custom toolbar?

On May 31, 11:21 am, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Except that in previous versions, you could have replicated this by
creating
a custom toolbar with just the buttons you wanted (and also menus, if you
wanted them), and you could create custom button faces for buttons that
had
no built-in icons (instead of having green balls) and for buttons that run
macros (instead of having to choose from a limited selection). In
addition,
you could customize the context (right-click) menus to include the
commands
you use repeatedly in specific contexts.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"grammatim" wrote in message

On May 31, 5:40 am, panthera
wrote:

"Frustrated - London" wrote:
Just wondering whether I can change the graphics-based Word 2007 menu
back to
the 2003/ 'alt' + a, b style menu, which (in spite of working hard at
it
over
the last month) I find clearer, faster and more logical than all these
teeny,
indistinct icons!

OK, I've worked with Office 2007 now for going on two years. What I have
found is the following:
For simple text based work (things I could as easily do in Wordpad), the
ribbon interface is simple and easy to use.

The moment I use Word professionally - I teach and write, edit and
compile
complex documents - the ribbon interface falls to pieces.

The idea is good and I had no trouble learning it (well into my 50's).
The
implementation is absolutely awful. Whoever set the menus up was
listening
the wrong focus group.

After many many hours of tinkering, I now have the interface in Word at
the
place where it works for me.

But you didn't say what you did.

Just about everything I use regularly is on the QAT (which is much
better than the old plethora of toolbars popping up all over the place
where maybe one icon was needed).-