Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Zoonotics Zoonotics is offline

Default Disable autosave in Word 2007

I am working on a very large document in Word 2007. Unlike all other versions
of Word, the autosave or autorecovery can't be turned off (?) WHAT A
PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep UNchecking it in Word Options and even tried
scheduling it for every 120 minutes, but EVERY time I reopen the file,
autorecovery is checked again and set at every 10 minutes. It saves at the
most inopportune moments and disrupts my work. I am power user of 22 years
and save when "I" want. I don't need a patronizing MS developer to force me
to save every 10 minutes. HOW DO YOU TURN THIS @$%%%$%$ THING OFF?