Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Henk57[_9_] Henk57[_9_] is offline

Default Cell borders split

Debbi;2040213 Wrote:
I have a multi-column, multi-row table. Within a single cell of multiple

lines of text, I have selected two rows and applied a simple box
border.
This is an old document that's gone through several versions of Word
and
been printed to both dot matrix and laser printers in the past. Now, in
both
Word 2002 and Word 2003, printing to a Brother MFC, instead of the
subject
text looking like two lines of text with a box around them, it appears
as
one line of text with a border around it, then a space, followed by
another
line of text with a border. It looks fine in print preview, but not
when
printed. Tried the Brother site to see if there was an known issue.
Also
tried using a HP4 printer driver. The doc printed fine to the Brother,
but
the same table problem appears. I have about 90 pages with at least 150

instances of this problem, so manually trying to correct it (if I could

figure out how) is going to be an issue.

Your help is greatly appreciated.
thanks,
Debbi

Debbi:
I believe this is a printer driver issue. However, could it be that
you have applied your border format setting to paragraph or text,
instead of to table (or cells for that matter)

--
Henk57