Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
traci718 traci718 is offline

Default How do I stop Word putting big spaces between lines?

I followed all the steps the ^p replacing,and there were 38 of them. Then did
the justified to the top setting and all this worked. No more typing one
sentence hitting enter and the next sentence starts at the bottom of the
page.
But I opened a new page and tried a couple sentences to see if it still
worked correctly, but it didn't. I have to change the setting from justified
to top so all sentences stay together.
Please help.
And if you can tell me how to get back to a plain sheet of paper instead of
a graph paper each time I open a new document cause I have no ideal how that
happened. I opened it up and there it was.

"pjburton42" wrote:

I scanned a document using OmniPage Pro. and saved it as a Microsoft Word
2000XP.doc Some lines have very large spaces between them. I have set
single line spacing. How do I get proper single line spacing?