Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
[email protected] acosta.andrew@gmail.com is offline

Default Lose Changes to Style When Document ReOpened

I get the same problem with paragraph styles. I am writing a dissertation that has APA Level 0 - 5, which define centering, font size, and placement in the Table of Contents. Since I don't really have time to comprehend Microsoft's continual changes to its software, I have a blank document, and then I paste in paragraph-by-paragraph into a copy of the blank document, save it, and re-generate the TOC. It takes hours, and seems ridiculous compared to the five seconds it requires to regenerate a LaTeX document, but I really have no choice.

On Thursday, January 3, 2013 10:07:53 AM UTC-6, wrote:
I have the same problem:

When I save my Word 2010 document the style looks fine.

BUT when I close and reopen the file, the font colour of the style has changed from black to grey.

If I try to edit the style it tells me that the font is black (although it is displaying as grey). I have to change the colour of one sentence that uses this style and then update the style to match that sentence. I have to do this every time I open the document.

I followed Lisa's recommendation given he but that option is not checked on my PC (Developer Tools | Templates | Document Template | Automatically Update Document Styles)