Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MoJR

Default adding pages

Okay,
Currently, the only problem I have, is the pleading paper issue. I will list
the project I am working on and the problem I'm having. Then I will list your
most recent suggestions;
The document I am working on has five pages.
The first page is fine.
The second page is fine.
The third and fourth pages are fine (now). These are the pages that are set
up on the pleading paper format.
The fifth page is the problem child. when I insert a page break on the
fourth page, Word atutomatically formats it in pleading paper.

Your most recent response was;
1. View/Headers and Footers.
2. Can you click in/on the numbers, now? Does a slash-bordered box appear
around
them? If you right-click this border, do you see a command Format Frame?
3. In any case, whether it's a frame or not, at this point you should be
able to
change the line spacing for the numbers?
4. Still assuming I'm on the right track... If the fourth form should NOT
have
the numbers, you should be able (while NOT viewing the header, but the
cursor in
either the third or fourth page) to go into File/Page Setup/Layout and
activate "Different First Page". Now the pleading numbers will appear only
on the
fourth page. Go into the Header/Footer view for the fourth page, click on
the box, Edit/Cut, move up to the third page header, then Edit/Paste.

I only need the pleading format on pages three and four. I do not want the
pleading paper format on page five. When I tried to remove the header from
page five, I was able to lose the vertical lines and the numbers from the
pleading format BUT, the
pleading format on page four was then screwed up and not fixable. Also, the
header itself would not go away and I need that space it occupies.
Hoperfully, this will be clearer. Sorry for the confusion.
Thank you,
mojr
"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?TW9KUg==?=,

I will include all messages from beginning to
end. It has to be ridiculously difficult to work on a complex problem via
e-mail.

It can be very complicated, indeed. Note that, while you may be receiving my
answers as Email, this discussion is posted in a public forum (newsgroup),
which means the entire world can see/read it :-)

You misunderstood my last message. I didn't want you to copy/paste all the
text from my message before that, with no quotes. I can't tell where the
copied text leaves off, and where any answer/question from you (if present)
starts. I don't know if you're still stuck, or at what point. I can't tell
if you answered any of the questions I listed - there are certainly no
answers directly adjacent to any of the questions.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org