Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I find the symbol for Pearson's Chi-square?

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 11:54:00 -0700, Meggievan
wrote:

I need to type the symbol for Pearson's Chi-square one time into a paper I am
writing. I could not find it in the available symbols for Word. Please help.

The chi is a lower case Greek letter that is available in almost every "normal"
(non-specialty) font at Unicode value 03C7. In recent versions of Word you can
type 03C7 in the document and then press Alt+X to replace the number with the
character. In all versions, you can use the Insert Symbol dialog
(http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...SpecChars.htm).

The "squared" part is a superscript number 2. You make it by typing the number
2, selecting it, and pressing Ctrl+Shift+= to make it superscript.
Alternatively, you can insert the ² character by typing the number 00B2 and
pressing Alt+X (or, since this symbol is in the original ASCII range, hold down
the Alt key while typing 0178 on the number pad).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman