WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I Add a title above a table?

Adding a title above a table in Microsoft Word is a simple process. Here are the steps you can follow:
  1. First, place your cursor at the beginning of the first line of the table where you want to add the title.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Header" button in the "Header & Footer" section.
  4. From the drop-down menu, select "Blank (Three Columns)" or "Blank (Four Columns)" depending on the number of columns in your table.
  5. This will open the header section of your document. Type the title you want to add in the left, center, or right column of the header section.
  6. Once you have typed the title, click on the "Close Header and Footer" button in the "Close" section of the "Header & Footer" tab.
  7. Your title will now appear above the table on each page of your document.

Alternatively, you can also add a title by simply typing it above the table and formatting it as a heading. To do this, select the text you want to format as a heading, click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon, and choose a heading style from the "Styles" section. This will format the text as a heading and give it a larger font size and bold formatting.