JD

It would be simple if I was the only person using this document, but this is
a template for a number of other users, and I don't want the user to be
worrying about this type of formatting when they are preparing routine
correspondence. Right now, they are manually inserting this page numbering.
The document numbering looks like this:

Header:
Letterhead Page 2 Page 3
Footer:
..../2 .../3

"Jezebel" wrote:

A simpler method is to use section breaks and different headers/footers.

"JD" wrote in message
"JD" wrote:

"Greg Maxey" wrote:

Try
{IF{Page} "1""./{ ={ PAGE } +1 }"""}

This worked! I did make one change; I made it:

{ IF { Numpages } "1" ".../{ = { PAGE } + 1}"""}

After using this field, I realized that I didn't want this to appear on

the
last page of my document, after all, there isn't another page to go to.
Using Different First Page Header and Footer, I put the above code in the
first page footer, and the following code in the second page footer:

{IF { COMPARE { PAGE } { NUMPAGES } } = 1 ".../{ = { PAGE } + 1 }" "" }

Posted in case anyone else needs to do the same thing,
JD.