WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I stop Hyperlinks from changing colors when I click on them

Sure, I can definitely help you with that! The color change you're seeing is actually the default behavior for hyperlinks in Microsoft Word. However, you can easily change this behavior by modifying the hyperlink style.

Here are the steps to stop hyperlinks from changing colors when clicked:
  1. Open your Word document and click on the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the "Styles" group to open the Styles pane.
  3. In the Styles pane, click on the "Options" button in the bottom left corner.
  4. In the "Select styles to show" dropdown menu, select "All styles" and click "OK".
  5. Scroll down the list of styles until you find "Hyperlink" and right-click on it.
  6. Select "Modify" from the context menu that appears.
  7. In the "Modify Style" dialog box, click on the "Format" button in the bottom left corner and select "Font".
  8. In the "Font" dialog box, select the color you want your hyperlinks to be (e.g. blue) and click "OK".
  9. Back in the "Modify Style" dialog box, click "OK" to save your changes.

That's it! Your hyperlinks will now remain the same color even after they've been clicked. If you want to change the color of your hyperlinks again in the future, simply repeat these steps and choose a different color.