Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Drawing a Half-Circle and Half-Ellipse (Word 2003)?

The arc is the way to go. To help you draw an exact half, draw a straight
line first. Start at the line and draw an arc (which is one-quarter of an
ellipse or, pressing Shift, circle), then drag the "free" yellow diamond to
the line. You don't need to use the white circles to size the object or the
green one to rotate; the size and rotation can be entered directly on the
Size tab of the Format AutoShape dialog.

"W. Watson" wrote in message
ink.net...
Is there any easy was to draw the two objects above? I tried the 'arc' in
the basic shapes, but it's very tricky to manipulate. The little (yellow,
white, and green) circles never give me the control I expect.

"When you think about it, electricity is
really just organized lightning." -- George Carlin

Web Page: home.earthlink.net/~mtnviews