Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default I can't send an HTML email using mail merge

am not sure if it did work previously and no-one else has used mail merge
send emails. Someone else at my work also tried and got exactually the
same
problem.

Yes, quite a lot of people have mentioned this problem but no-one seems to
know the cause.

One more thing: if you are able to switch off your virus checker temporarily
(or can find someone with the necessary permissions to do it, can you test
without it?

Otherwise, for the time being you will probably
have to use plain text (the safest anyway) or attachments (tend to be
rejected). Unfortunately that means you will also have to endure the
security prompts that pop up when you do that - you can get rid of them
using the Express click utility, but only if you are allowed to install
software (sounds like you may not be able to there):

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

I don't work for Microsoft, but I will try to pursue this one a bit further
since it's popping up more and more.

Peter Jamieson

"cromarc" wrote in message
I am doing this from work on a network with my work email so some of the
things you suggested I am unable to do. This is the first time I have
tried
mail merge so I
am not sure if it did work previously and no-one else has used mail merge
send emails. Someone else at my work also tried and got exactually the
same
problem.
I am using the full outlook not outlook express
Outlook is the default email program
Mail logging is enabled
No Com addins
Only 1 profile