Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mel Mel is offline

Default Icons started disappearing from Word tool bar

I have been using Word 2003 for 5 years. Early on I created 4 macros for
the current time and dates. I put each macro on the Word document tool bar
as an icon and have been using them successfully since. I click on an icon
and it instantly puts that particular date or time on my document where I
want it.

Then yesterday, for no apparent reason, things changed. Now, when I open
either a new or an existing document one or all of icons may be gone off the
toolbar. They just disappear. The macros remain in the "Commands" section of
"Customize" but not on the tool bar. I then have to reinstall each icon on
the tool bar. I have done this several times today.

Is there a way to resolve this issue?