Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default endnotes in tables

Endnotes are not appropriate for a table. In fact, a table should not even
have footnotes numbered continuously with the rest of the text. Notes to a
table are properly placed at the end of the table, or at the bottom of a
page of the table. To this end, it is usually more satisfactory to create
the footnote references manually (using superscript letters for tables
containing mostly numbers, otherwise the *, † ,‡ ,¶, § series) and place the
notes manually. I usually put the notes in the (unbordered and merged)
bottom row of the table.

http://word.mvps.org

"cmmc" wrote in message

I am working on a paper that has endnotes in the table which are
numbered continuously with the rest of the text. My problem is that
while the table is ordered in columns, Word is numbering its endnotes
going straight across top to bottom. Is there a way to get the
numbering to follow the columns and still keep the endnotes in order
with the rest?

--
cmmc