Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Default print dialog box shows landscape but it prints in portrait

Hi esousa,

If both orientations conflict, Word will have to choose one, and it looks
like the File | PageSetup dialog is leading. This is how it works, period.

This Microsoft article states more or less the same:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/304433/#E0SF0ADAAA
Look under "Cannot Print in Landscape Orientation". It applies to Word 2000,
but may very well be applicable to Word 2003 as well.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".

"esousa" wrote:

Having a problem in Word and Powerpoint when I change the orientation on the
print dialog box it does not take affect it will print in the layout that is
set in Word. If I change the orientation in Word then it will print. I have
tried multiple pcs and I get the same results they are all running Windows XP
SP2. Has anyone come accross this problem?