TF

There is a Highlighter tool on the Formatting Toolbar. If you click the
little arrow at the side of the tool, one of the options is NONE. Select
none and then stroke through the text as though highlighting and it will be
removed.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Oliver Walter" wrote in message
: I've searched via Google Groups and can't find the answer to this.
: Can you help?
:
: I'm editing a document created by somebody else (to whom I don't
: have access at present). Some the footnotes contain text with yellow
: shading (around normal black text) that I can't get rid of.
: The "What's this?" shows nothing special in paragraph formatting.
: Tracking of changes is off (and in any case that doesn't use
: yellow).
: The text is not in a table.
: I can select it, then FormatBorders and Shading, and set shading to
: "nofill" and that makes no difference.
: I re-applied the style "Footnote text" to one of them and that did
: remove the shading. But it doesn't work on others!
: If I copy a word from a yellow footnote and paste it into the main
: text, it carries its yellow with it and I can't get rid of it there
: either.
: ....
: ....
: I've just found another solution, after typing the above: select the
: text, change its style to Normal (control-shift-n) and then back to
: Footnote text.
: BUT (a) when I do that, the Style box still shows Footnote text
: after making it Normal, and
: (b) I'd still like to know what could have been the cause of the
: yellow shading.
: I've still got a copy of the file in its shaded state, so if you
: have a suggestion, I can try it on that.
:
: --
: Oliver
: ("Reply-To:" address will send non-spam to me
: and will delete spam sent to it.)
:
: