Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rob Whall Rob Whall is offline

Default "Bold" is dithered

Hi guys,
I am really, really frustrated with the new Word. I just had to get that out
there. On this day, at this time, my particular frustration takes the form of
a table in a document I received from another party. The text is bolded in
the table. I don't want it bolded, I want the text to have the normal
typeface. My "bold" button on the ribbon bar or whatever the heck it is is
dithered. I can select from a few pre-defined styles, none of which I want.
How do I unlock the bold button so I can unbold the text?

As an aside, why the heck is this so $%@$%@!! hard? Why did you do that to
us happy Office 2003 users? Why? I hate it. I really, really hate it. Really.

Thank you for your help, please try to create products that don't fight with
users and alienate formerly happy customers in the future.