Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Michelle

Default Singular/Plural or He/she

What would be the best way to change a merged document based on
masculine/feminine, singular/plural. For example, if the subject was a
woman, it would be "she", "her", "hers" etc? If there were two or more
people referenced, it would be "they", "them", their", etc. Also the verbs
would have to be changed from singular to plural, e.g., 'she buys", "they
buy". And what about capitalization for the beginning of sentences. This is
beginning to seem impossible!

The data for this will be merged from a database. Should I create fields in
the database to indicate Male, Female or Plural, or should I use something in
Word to indicate?