Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Charles Kenyon

Default Singular/Plural or He/she

you would want a gender field
I wouldn't want to attempt the singular plural but you could.
In your Word merge you would test for the contents of the gender field and
then use different words depending on tHat field's contents. For examples of
fields that do this download the Gender Toolbar template from
http://addbalance.com/word/download.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Michelle" wrote in message
What would be the best way to change a merged document based on
masculine/feminine, singular/plural. For example, if the subject was a
woman, it would be "she", "her", "hers" etc? If there were two or more
people referenced, it would be "they", "them", their", etc. Also the
verbs
would have to be changed from singular to plural, e.g., 'she buys", "they
buy". And what about capitalization for the beginning of sentences. This
is
beginning to seem impossible!

The data for this will be merged from a database. Should I create fields
in
the database to indicate Male, Female or Plural, or should I use something
in
Word to indicate?