JulieD

Hi Keith

annoying isn't it

tools /options / general - untick "allow starting in reading layout" (top
right of screen)

Cheers
JulieD

"KR" wrote in message
At work we just upgraded to Office2003. When I create new documents in
Word,
they come up in "print layout", which is my desired working view.

When I open Word attachments from Outlook, they often come up in "reading
layout" (2 page, side-by-side) which in most cases messes up the tables
and
other info, actually making it harder to read.

Is there a setting somewhere that I haven't found yet that will
automatically make all documents open in print layout?

Thanks,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent
the