Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Office Word 2007

If you correctly used the Save As dialog to save the document in "Word
97-2003 (*.doc)" format, it will have the .doc extension and not .docx. Make
sure that phrase appears in the "Save as type" dropdown at the bottom of the
dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Lesley Fran wrote:
When I convert a 2007 Word document to a 2003 version and save the
2003 version to attach to e-mails, people are unable to read the
attachment. It has a .docx file name and they seem to think this is
the problem. Can anybody help me to save the file differently so
that it will attach to an e-mail that is then readable by the
receipient.