Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Document for email with picture linked to URL (Word 2002)

Well, I have had another look at this and so far, nothing I have done so far
allows an HTML img src tag through to the mail recipient - Word always
embeds the image in the file and uses a cid: URL to reference it in the
e-mail.

The only thing I noticed as I was doing this was that using the filtered
HTML option does not even preserve the picture URL I inserted - instead,
Word saves the picture in the folder associated with the .htm and references
the local picture when you re-open the .htm. So if there is a solution to
this, I suspect that it only works if you do not use the "filtered" option
when saving

Peter Jamieson

"Peter Jamieson" wrote in message
The QUOTE is a kludge which happened to alter the behaviour of the
INCLUDEPICTURE field in a useful way, but it obviously hasn't worked in
this case.

I'll have another look at this, but
a. it may take some time
b. it's quite possible that it just can't be done with the current version
of Word/Outlook What is the full version number of the version you are
using (Have a look in Help|About for both Word and Excel).

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
oups.com...
Thank you, Peter, for your reply. I'm not sure I understand the QUOTE
field in this context. I tried as you said and the picture is not
showing. What is it supposed to do?..

Thank you again,
Gaby