Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Default can I apply a "return to top" hyperlink to all pages in a doc?

Bad idea. If it's that big and that hard to navigate, don't distribute it as
a Word document.

"glitterbug99" wrote in message
It's quite a long document and is a training guide to be circulated to a
large number of users - I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for them
get back to the contents screen. Thanks though.

"Jezebel" wrote:

Word is an application for *creating* documents. It is not at its best as
method for displaying them on them screen. You could create a macro that
takes you to any point in the document, and assign that to a single
keystroke; but why not just drag the scrollbar to the top?

"glitterbug99" wrote in message
I'm working with a long Word document, and want to put a "return to
top"
hyperlink onto every page. I've tried putting it in a footer, but as
it's
then in the background, it can't be clicked on. Is there any other way
of
repeating text in the same place on every page? I'm in Word 2002.
Thanks.