Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
emc emc is offline

Default I want to omit a field in a mail merge

I have a mail merge with Prefix, FirstName, Surname, etc.

For various reasons when sending out mail some people should only have their
Prefix and Surname shown. I need to have their FirstName in the merge as I
use it for a large amount of other documents otherwise I would remove it.

I have tried the "If...Then...Else" but it doesn't work and I can't use the
Skip button as this is for the entire record. Is there another way of doing
it?

Thank you.