Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default I have a db excel I want to mail merge 6 envlopes in word

Microsoft changed the way merges work in version 2002 (retained for the
current version). Some things were improved, others were not. In Word 2000,
you have the option to set a query from the mail merge helper. In Word
2002/3 you can check off from a list of records.

An answer may be to import the address list into an Outlook contacts list.
You can then merge from Outlook which makes it easy to pick records -
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Jean wrote:
I have a data base in excel I want to mail merge envelopes in word
2000.I can not seem to pick out a few people that I want to send to
from db.I either can do 1 or all.There must be a way.In word 2002 I
can pick individual name by putting a check in db.Am I doing some
thing wrong or does word 2000 not do this ? Thanks in advance for any
help Jean