Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Dee

Default Mail Merge - Directory

I am trying to do a mail merge using an excel spreadsheet. I want to create a
directory in a table. I tell word I want to create a directroy, I choose my
recipients list, I add my merge fields in the 2 columns. I want the Name in
my first column and the site name and city in my second columln. I perform
the merge but I either get all one row tables with different names in each
table or I get only the first name in my list in all the rows. Could anyone
tell me what I am doing wrong. Am I missing a step. I am using Word 2003. Can
you create a directory from a table in word, should you create the number of
rows you will need or will they be added automatically according to the
recipient list?

Thanks very much for any help.

Best regards,

Dee