Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
msft_suggestor

Default Integrate Outline View with outline number lists

Outline View seems as if it hasn't been touched in years. When I'm faced
with doing an outline in Word, the outline number lists (under bullets and
numbering) provide me with far more flexibility and ease of use than Outline
View.

So how about doing away with Outline View and "replace" it with bullets and
numbering. This way, clicking on Outline View provides you with an easy
editing environment for bullets and numbering (e.g. with collapse-able
headings, etc.) and we're not faced with the bizarre, unreadable font style
choices that currently plague Outline View.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout