Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default add a border to one column in a two column document

Several ways, but I think the easiest would be to:
1. Select the text that you want to add a border around,
2. Click on the Home tab,
3. Click on the Borders and Shading button in the Paragraph group on the
Ribbon,
4. Click on the Borders tab, select the Box setting, and select a line
style and color and weight, and
5. Click on the Shading tab, select a fill color (for the background
color), and maybe select a fill pattern if desired (but the default
Clear style is what I usually use).

Trebormac wrote:

I have a two column document in Word 2007. I want to add a border to one
column and some background color. How do I do this.

Thanks,

Treboremac