Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Running Folio Footer in Word 2007

Although, as indicated, the "Link to Previous" button is the crucial factor
here, note that of the items you mention, only one really needs to change.
Presumably the title and author remain the same (unless this is an
anthology), and the page numbers will be continuous (and even if not, you
can restart them without unlinking the headers). The only thing that will
change is the chapter title, and you can pick that up with a StyleRef field;
see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm. If the Title and Author
change as well, they can also be picked up with StyleRef fields.

"Karen McDonald" wrote in message
I am writing a rather long book and want to have certain details
appear on every page at the bottom:

Title - Author - Chapter - Page Number

However, when I try to do this as per the MS recommended method, each
time I change the footer in one chapter all the others change too. The
'section breaks' I created initially do not appear to be influencing
matters.

What could I be doing wrong? Is there a better way of achieving what I
want?

TIA