Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shahnoor

Default How to have viewable/disappearing notes or sections in Word?

Hi,

There may be a better way of doing it, but the way I always do this is by
using comments.

The best way to do this is to show the reviewing toolbar. On it, there is a
"Comment" button that will insert this into your document. There is also a
"Show" button on it that you can use to show/hide the comments.

--
--ST

"Jaymac06" wrote:

I am creating a long document (think: book). I want to be able to keep notes
regarding sources, to-do items, explanations, etc. in the body of the
document (it will have footnotes that are not part of these "editor's
notes"). When finished, I want to be able to view the document with/without
the editor's notes. The notes need to be editable, just like the rest of the
text. Wang had this 20 years age in Wang Office, you just put a coded
exclamation point before and after the notes section, and selected "print
with notes" (or without) when you wanted the document with or without. This
is NOT an editing/versions/changes issue.