Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Equation line numbers

Hi Bob,

Yes, it's much easier when it's a built-in feature of the Equation Editor (in this case, MathType). MS mentioned in their blog that
being able to number and caption the equations was a feature that the Word 2007 equation editor had to leave on the drawing board
for a future version

=============
"Bob Mathews" wrote in message ...
On 29-Jan-2008, Elbert wrote:

Elbert, I've been following this thread, and this is the first time
you've mentioned MathType. I answer questions about Equation Editor
too, but Bob and others were doing a great job so I stayed out of it.
I assumed you were using the legacy Equation Editor.

If you're using MathType 6, you'll have a MathType tab on the Word
2007 Ribbon. In the Insert group of the MathType tab, simply click on
"Right-numbered" (there's an option for Left-numbered too), and you
get an equation as well as the next number in sequence. You can format
the numbers however you want, and if you're using chapter/section
numbers, you can insert a break at the appropriate spot so the
numbering follows. Inserting a reference to a particular equation is
just as easy, and all the numbers & references will re-number if you
add or remove one.

You're just going to way too much trouble.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training

Bob Buckland ?:-)