Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elbert Elbert is offline

Default Equation line numbers

Bob,

Sorry--one more thing. I use different margin settings for different kinds
of documents. So setting the right tab for the equation number to 6 will not
work for all documents. Is there a way to get the equation number right
aligned no matter what the margin settings?

Thanks,

Elbert

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

Elbert,

Thanks for the detailed feedback. When we wrote the Help file, we
really did put a lot of thought and effort into it, but there's no
substitute for someone like you giving us input on problems you've
encountered in practice. We'll look at these sections to see how we
can make them better.

Glad it finally worked out for you.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

On 1-Feb-2008, wrote:

Bob,

In the Word 2007 MathType ribbon, I clicked MathType help. I
then searched for "format equation number". The third item in the
selected topics was "Format equation number dialog" so I read
that and it didn't help because I couldn't find the dialog.

Also, if I go to contents/MathType with Microsoft Office/Office
2007/MathType's support for MS Word/Numbering equations, I
see a page called "numbering equations." On that page there
is a link to "format equation number dialog", my old nemisis.

I finally went to contents/MathType with Microsoft Office/Office
2007/MathType's support for MS Word/MathType tab in MS
Word/Equation numbers group. I gave that page a careful
reading, and learned that if I go to the MathType tab, Equation
numbers group, insert numbers dropdown list, there's an option
to format that takes me to the format equation numbers dialog
box. Finally! I selected advanced format and formatted the
numbers as you told me to. Works as advertised.

I also modified the MTdisplayEquation style as you suggested
and insert right numbered equation now works the way I want it to.

Thanks again for your help,

Elbert