TF

Amedee

The problem is that H&F content is stored in the paragraph mark at the end
of each section and/or end of document. The only way to avoid bring in the
H&Fs is to select all but the final section breaks. I would suggest that you
first try a test to see if copying all but the final paragraph mark, then
copy/paste resolves the problem. I usually do this by using Control+End,
then Control+Shift+Home (which selects all but the final paragraph mark) and
ten copy/paste to the new template. If that works, then a macro solution
will be VERY easy!

If it still messes with the H&Fs, then I suggest that you try one of the
Word.VBA Newsgroups where the VBA gurus will probably have a solution. My
guess is that you may need to create a macro that will copy/paste to the new
document and then add the H&Fs.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
: SUMMARY:
:
: Normal typing:
: First page: page header with company logo
: Second page: no logo
: All printed on the same paper tray
: Copy/pasting:
: First page: no logo, printed on tray 1
: -----New section-----
: Second page: company logo, printed on tray 2
: Third page: no logo, printed on tray 2
:
:
: BACKGROUND INFO:
:
: Our sales department asked me to design a few Word templates with the
: new company logo. What I did:
: * Headers&footers different on first page
: * Logo and company name in the page header of the first name
:
: This works OK as long as they just start typing as in an empty document.
:
:
: PROBLEM:
:
: The sales people have standard documents with two different sections.
: The first section is printed on paper tray 1; section two on paper tray
: two. One of the paper trays has paper with small print legalese on the
: back side, the other paper tray doesn't.
: They open their two-sections-document, CTRL+A, CTRL+C, open one of my
: templates, CTRL+V.
: Result: the first page header with the company logo is now on the
: second (or third) page, because the section end was also copied.
:
:
: How can this be solved, and most importantly: in a "user friendly" way?
:
: --
: Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1