Please see my reply to your duplicate question elsewhere.

"jestreich" wrote in message
Hi Guys,
My problem is that MS Word will not save the customized Shortcut Keys that

set up for my keyboard. I go to Tools- Customize- Keyboard, and then I
assign new shortcut keys and save the changes in: Normal. I then close

out
of both screens. The shortcut keys work properly until I exit MS Word.

When
I reopen Word, the shortcut keys that I had previously set up no longer

work.
The same thing happens when I save Macros. For some reason, all the
customized settings disappear when I exit the MS Word Application. Does
anyone know how to solve this problem? The PC has just been formatted and

is
completely clear of errors. I have Norton Internet Security and Norton
System Works installed, so everything is well protected and running

nicely.
The MS Word application is from a newly installed Microsoft 2003 student

and
teacher edition, which is updated and activated. I cant seem to figure

out
what is going on, and I would be extremely happy if someone could provide
some on this matter!!