Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Website Index

I think you need to get back with your web host and *make* them explain what
they want in terms you understand. There are too many free services out
there for you to be wasting your time with one that won't help you.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Eridyard407" wrote in message
I tried renaming my homepage to index and it didn't work. There's got to
be
a way in Word to make this work.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

I think what Citymax means is that your home page has to be named
index.htm
or index.html.

And I have to tell you, Word can be used to create websites but that's
like
using a shoe for a hammer. Even Publisher does a better job and I don't
recommend that either. Get a real web designing program and use that.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Eridyard407" wrote in message
How do I create a website index in Word? I am transferring my website
my
ISP personal webpage space because it's free and I won't have to pay
$20/month for hosting. I an FTP'g my content pages and they say it
won't
work if I don't have an index. I currently do not have an index. I
created
the website on Citymax and they don't say how to do it and there's no
template for it there. The ISP doesn't say how to do it. I've
searched
MS's
knowledge base, templates and the web and I can't find instructions on
how
do this. Thanks!