Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Deej Hernandez[_2_] Deej Hernandez[_2_] is offline

Default Dictionary backup

Honey, I live on an extremely limited income. Backup drives are not an
option for me. I have one 80 GB external drive that my daughter bought me
that I copy really important files to (like my pictures, music . . . ). That
does not allow me to back up my entire system all the time.

I went to the Proofing tab in Word but what it lists as the file path for my
custom.dic file doesn't exist. It reads C:\Users\myname\Application
Data\Microsoft\UProof

From my user file I get AppData and then I have 3 files named Local,
LocalLow and Roaming. There is no Custom.dic file in any of them. So can
someone tell me where to find this file? A search on my computer says it
doens't exist.
"Twayne" wrote:

Just let it be included in your daily backups so it'll always be up to
date. Why do it separately? You do back up your drives, right?

Twayne`