Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike Vandamme[_2_] Mike Vandamme[_2_] is offline

Default 2007 E-mail merge hangs (not responding)

I am using now the pinpoint marketing tool and ... it works ! !
(www.pinpointtools.com)

Mike

"raremind" wrote:

On Jan 22, 7:54 pm, Robert A.
wrote:
Bump, I am having the same issue. I have been moving from machine to machine
within our office because it works fine the first couple of times then just
stops. We use this feature on a monthlt basis and I am running out of
machines. Anyone find a solution yet?

"wg_tech" wrote:
we are using Office2007, trying to do awordemailmergeto send to a large
number ofemailaddresses. We will not run into the spam issues because we
are sending only to in-houseemailaddrs directly from exchange acct to
others.

Wordstopsresponding(hangs) during themerge, we originally thought to
many forWordto handle, so we cut the list down to 255 and still the same
problem. Then, we tried again just to see with 1200 and all worked. So
there is no real pattern to the hangs. Have searched the web and other have
similar issues. We have 1G ram, 80G hd, dual core proc, on this single task
machine since we will be sending 1 to 2K emails per session.

Any information is greatly appreciated.- Hide quoted text -

Bumping too, I have been having this issue for months and can not find
a solution although I do know it is the connection to outlook that is
causing it, once a machine stops responding to email nothing else will
work with the email connection. Please help!