Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default elongated double space

My clients trust my advice, but they don't always follow it--and drafts
often go through a dozen or more contributors. So, when I receive drafts, I
change "spacespace" into "space", change incorrect whiches to thats,
and fix other stuff they might be inclined to ignore or change back. And
THEN I turn tracking on. ;-)

Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Thank goodness my clients trust my advice (but then I'm an editor and not
a developer).

http://word.mvps.org

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
"Cheryl Flanders" wrote in message

Yes. Several of my clients want two spaces after periods and the
paying client has the last word.

This says it all! I have a client who insists on two spaces between
sentences too. Even if I don't agree I'm paid to do what they want.
grin

~Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

On Sep 3, 8:34 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Is there a reason for typing two spaces after a sentence?