Stefan Blom

I can't tell what causes the problem, but if it occurs with new blank
documents, it might help to recreate normal.dot (the blank document
template). In the article at:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm, look for the
"Creating a new Normal.dot from scratch" section and follow the
instructions.

--
Stefan Blom

"In a Jam" In a wrote in message
When I insert page numbers on my documents for bottom Right,

Microsoft Word
(office 2000 professional version) is putting them on bottom Left.

This just
started to happen over the pasr 6 months. All I've done to the

program was
download updates when available from microsoft. I thought word was

confused
as to where the right and left were but if I set it to bottom left

it puts
them where they belong, on left. How can I get Word to put the page

numbers
on the bottom Right, when I tell it to do it on new documents? Has

anyone
else had this problem?