Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed from AZ Ed from AZ is offline

Default Lock cell for text entry - allow field update only? Also, floatingcomment?

In Word 2007, I would like to lock a table cell against users entering
text. I have a field code there which references text from elsewhere
in the document. I want to prevent the users from "helping" me by
entering text and overwriting the field code. But however it's
locked, I need to allow the field to update.

Also, can I set up a "floating comment" in that table cell, kind of
like an Excel comment, to let the user know not to try to enter text?

Thanks.
Ed