Jay Freedman

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 04:53:02 -0700, "Mike"
wrote:

I wish to widen the header section in a Word document so that the text all
appears on one line. I can't reduce the font size any further because that
would risk the header being unreadable.

Is there any way the header space can be widened? I've tried adjusting the
bars on the ruler but this seems to have no effect on the header or footer.

Hi Mike,

If this is just one header and footer, with the cursor in the header
paragraph, go to Format Paragraph and insert negative numbers for
the left and right indents. Then repeat for the footer. If this is
something you need to do for many sections of the document, change the
definitions of the Header style and the Footer style to include the
negative indents.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman