Alecia

Thanks for the advice. I too was having the same issue and to resolve it I
had to tone down the Hardware Acceleration as you mentioned (the other MS
Word options were set as you suggested). A note to add to your instructions
(for Windows XP) is after clicking the ADVANCED button, select the
TROUBLESHOOT tab. Then you'll see HW Acceleration.

Thanks again.

Alecia

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Hi, Jeremy. In Word, click on Tools | Options | View | check the "Drawings"
box and uncheck the "Picture placeholders" box | OK. If the problem
persists, then reduce or turn off hardware acceleration in your display
driver by clicking on Start | Control Panel | Display | Advanced.

"JeremyGray" wrote:

I just reloaded a new Dell system from scratch with Windows XP, up to the
most current fix. I also loaded Office XP (2002) up to the most current fix,
both without errors. Now Word files with "Inserted Pictures from Files"
(e.g. inserted .bmp or .jpg files) are not displaying, yet they are printing.
I have checked on the "Help" issues with the "View" and I am configured
correctly under "View". I can get the inserted pictures to partially display
by highlighting the object (which is blank) and hitting enter, but on a
cursor movement it disappears again. Anybody know of this as an issue? Any
clues? Thanks....Jeremy