Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Default Eliminating a value in a mail merge

Matching an exact text is straightforward - just use the whole text instead
of the single word example I gave before. If the text is the same apart from
capitalisation you can use the appropriate \* switches in your MERGEFIELD
field to make the text upper or lower case.

You can also use wildcards to a limited extent, e.g.

{ IF { MERGEFIELD myfield } = "*blank" "x" "y" } should give you "x" if
myfield contains your sample text. You can also do
{ IF { MERGEFIELD myfield } = "something*" "x" "y" } but you can't achieve a
"contains" using

{ IF { MERGEFIELD myfield } = "*something*" "x" "y" }

It doesn't work. Also, you may find that matching only works on relatively
short texts up to 128 characters. There's more about this in Word Help.

Peter Jamieson

wrote in message
ups.com...
The field contains a statement "This field intentionally left blank". I
am merging many fields and this is just one of them. I don't want to
skip the record, I just want to print nothing if this is in the field.
Myrna